03/11/2015

Cat 'Frenzy' Toy

I am always looking for new toys for my cats to play with, both ones they can play with on their own/with each other, and ones that I can use for interaction with them.

quite a few people were on about these Frenzy Toys, i set about looking on Ebay for a cheap one, as i didn't want to spend a lot on a cat toy if they wouldn't play with it or if it would be destroyed in minutes (I also have a Rottweiler who should be in the Guinness Book of Records for shortest time to destroy a 'indestructible' toy) 

I managed to find these 2 (picture below), it was buy one, get 5% off another one, which came to a whole total of £2.63 with free delivery, they came from china so a bit of a wait, but I wasn't arguing, as I  had already saved myself at least £12 by not getting the 'real deal'  

These have an extend-able wand with foam handle which has a bendy tip (similar to a fishing rod bending with a fish on it) so it won't snap, and the use of fishing line due to the lightness of it and fairly  invisible (to us cats have much better eyesight then we do!)  and it makes it more 'real' that the feathers are flying on their own, joined together with a couple of swivels so it can move around freely acting the same way a feather does when it twirls downwards. 

The cats LOVE them (so glad to have purchased to, 5 Cats, 1 Toy does not work with these) they jump around, and when they catch it they all try to walk off with 'Their Prize' in their mouth. 
The design is really simple that I have actually managed to make a couple, using bits I had around the house, as my Furbabies get fed RAW food, I keep all the good feathers from birds so I always have spare feathers to replace them and also make various different toys with a bit of fishing line and a needle. The cats will spend hours playing with them if I let them and I have to hide them in a cupboard they cannot open when playtime with these have finished otherwise they will go and hide with them and promptly destroy it between arguing with each other over who should have it, 

Definitely worth the few pennies I paid for a copy! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment :)