03/11/2015

Diary of Product Review CHICK CRUMB as Cat litter

I'm always searching for ways to save money, and that are pet safe and as natural as possible with nothing chemically added. 

While I was on a FB group for Raw feeding cats (which I have now been removed, funny story not for blog :))

 I came across quite a few people saying they use Chick Crumb as cat litter, at first I was a bit surprised, iv heard of different things to be used for a litter box, but never something used for food.  I read what the others were saying, and saw a link to one that was from COUNTRYWIDE FARMERS, for a chick crumb that was completely natural (with no added chemicals or medicated like some are)  this was £9.00 for a 25kg sack, thought id check the delivery costs and options as being quite heavy I expected quite a high delivery charge and as there wasn't a store near me I couldn't pick up from store. To my surprise the delivery was only £3.95 up to 30kg, Bargain as this brought the full price to £12.95

I have tried many cat litters, I used 'SANICAT' for quite a while, as it was normally £10 for 30 litres  went up to £11, still not bad, then it rose to £13 then I was paying up to £5.95 for delivery as only one store near me was selling it and all they had was the rose scented one, which dyed the paws (and the mat) pink, 

I used CAT SAN while I only had 2 cats, but it was working out quite expensive, i was desperate one time and while my partner had to go to wilkos I asked him to pick me up a cheap bag to see me through. which actually turned out al-right, then along came another kitty, thought i would stop using that and find something a bit more easier and cheaper, I eventually landed on Sainsburys own and 5 cats, which was actually really nice, I have used Sainsburys cat litter for about 2 years now, and never had a problem until they changed the packaging and the weight, since then its gotten incredibly Dusty, no longer stops odours and i was having to change the litter trays ( I have 4 large ones with 5 cats) a lot more then I used to, so back to having to try another one, which is when I stumbled across this one. 

So I ordered that, which got delivered today (Tuesday) after ordering on Sunday, so extremely fast delivery :)


And Now to end my waffling (sorry for those who find a post on cat litter a touch boring)  and start the diary


Day One - Introducing Chick Crumb as Cat litter.

     The actual product is darker than the picture due to the flash on my phone, but it looks quite nice, and has a faint smell to it which is pleasant, The reason for introducing this is so my cats know it is somewhere to go toilet rather than a huge food supply (after all, it is food for chicks, and my cats eat chicks) I have started this by sprinkling the chick crumb over the top of their old litter, and within 30 seconds of it being down, one of my males who is called Harley, went and pee'd on top of it. Brilliant! now if the other 4 cats follow suit, introducing it will be a lot easier and quicker :D 



The link to the product I am using is 


There concludes day one, check back tomorrow for Day 2 
Love and Light
         x


  grin emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment :)